Friday, March 12, 2010

I made these photos at school while I was supposed to be working on research for a paper for Art History. I was scanning in images for the presentation and accidentally let the page slip while the scanner was in process. The result was the illusion of the page bending in space. I liked the effect so I replicated it by dragging cotton rags over the surface of the flat bed scanner and waving my hand over the scanner bed. These images came from a process that was totally slacker-generated and spontaneous. A good example of how something interesting and possibly useful can come about while doing something seemingly unrelated. I also really like the idea of making art when you are supposed to be doing something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

About Me

I live, learn and work in Chicago. This blog is intended as a visual mapping of my own process and environment as well as to let you see what work I'm currently making, what thoughts I deem interesting, what art and culture I'm consuming and being influenced by.